Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

Mac laptop is on but black screen.i tried restarting holding down shift button- to start i

Customer Question

Mac laptop is on but black screen.i tried restarting holding down shift button- to start in safe mode- didn't work. Shut down and restarted holding down option, command, P, R. Chimes kept happening - but still black screen.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi there and welcome GemmaDo you hear any fans running in the Macbook?Please let me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Believe it or not- I just tapped the on/off button... It booted up....after attempting to start up for the last hour. Enough to put one over the edge. Thanks anyway ! Have a good day
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Ok good to hear, maybe I brought some luck :)But if the problem returns Gemma, let me know here, Ill leave this open for you, no time limitIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Karma - sometimes it plays it's part
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Very true GemmaLet me know if you need anything else please