GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I think my computer has been hacked. It will not acept my ID

Customer Question

I think my computer has been hacked. It will not acept my ID nor my password. When I phoned apple support, it called me by a different name and asked if I was calling about an i-pad that I had supposedly called about last week. I would like to know how to handle this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.
Hi there. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Can you tell me what version of MAC OSX you have on your iMAC?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.
If you think your Apple ID was compromised, you can use the steps below to gain control of it and review your account information:1. Sign in to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com). If you can't sign in or you receive a message that the account is locked when you try to sign in, go to iforgot.apple.com. Then try to reset or unlock your account. If you still can't sign in, contact Apple Support. 2. Change your Apple ID password, and choose a strong password.3. Review all the personal and security information in your account. Update any information that isn't correct or that you don’t recognize, including:· Your name.· Your primary Apple ID email address. If you need to change your email address, update the features and services that you use with Apple ID, so that each one is using your updated Apple ID.· All alternate email addresses, rescue email addresses, and phone numbers. · Security questions and answers. If you think they might be easy to guess, you should change your security questions.4. Check with your email address provider to make sure that you control every email address associated with your Apple ID. If you don't control the email addresses associated with the Apple ID, you should change the password ***** the email address or use a different email address. 5. Consider setting up two-step verification for your Apple ID. If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for the Premium Service of a Phone Call. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can give you a call and help you get this figured out. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.
Teresa, do you still need help with this or did my instructions help you to resolve the issue? If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!