Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am trying to use the WhiteSmoke software program, and my

Customer Question

I am trying to use the WhiteSmoke software program, and my firewall seems to be preventing me from accessing the program. What do I do?i already tried to allow whitesmoke in firewall exceptions and I desactivated firevault. still it says no connection
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with can you clarify what version of mac osx you are using, you can check as follows

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, when you say your trying to install whitesmoke, do you mean the writing program for mac?

If so, when is it mentioning firewall / connection issues.. During the download or install process?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am on mac capitan
Yes I d rather you connect
Ian afraid it didn't work with capitan ! But I ran parallel and Windows on my Mac . Do you think this is problematic?
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. By the time you responded 4 days later I was away from work. Ive just returned and seen your reply.

If you are still having issues and would like me to connect, Ive sent the remote support request to you, once you have accepted or rejected that request we can discuss a time to connect and work through this issue. The remote support offer is guaranteed, meaning that if I cannot fix the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you sure you can fix ut on Mac?or fix how I ran parallel Windows on my Mac ?
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

If I cant fix it, you will be entitled to a full refund.

as far as running parallels, thats possible. But youd have to pay for parallels and a copy of windows too~

parallels and windows