Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Can you help me figure out how to train my Dictate program?

Customer Question

Can you help me figure out how to train my Dictate program? It is located on a MacbookAir.
What I mean by "train" is that I want the program to recognize some very difficult and unusual words.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

What dictate program are you using? Is it Dragon? Or some other program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it just came with my MacBook Air, which just had its operating system updated. That is how I got the Dictate program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ahh, okay. Now that program isnt all that feature rich, and since it was given away for FREE, i cant imagine it being all that sophisticated.

What all that means is....if you want to use large complex words in your dictation....that you should think about getting a more feature rich program.

The built-in dictation program that comes with OSX, is just a simple program, intended for use by the normal average residential consumer.

.

If you want deep dictation Voice Training....i urge you to look into OTHER programs/applications that do a MUCH better job at this exact task of large complex words.

The setup process for the dictation application on OSX, is the only voice training available, and you COULD run through the setup again, and it might help, but usually it does not.

Nuance, Dragon, actually learns on the fly, and can even keep track of a deep accent.

.

Its those extended features that are just not included with the built-in dictation app on OSX.

I hate being the bearer of bad news......but i also believe in truth.

.

Please have a moment to rate my performance