Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Network Engineer
Experience:  21 years experience in PC and Network Design and Support
21913621

I have an older Iomega Zip 100 disk drive. The disk use to

Customer Question

I have an older Iomega Zip***** The disk use to open on earlier version of MAC OS 10 but it does not show up on my desktop now. I have upgraded to El Capitan v10.11.3.
Please help - What do I need to do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 12 months ago.

The Iomega ZIP drive is not supported on 10.11.3. It really has been far far past end of life for several years.

The only way that I know of to get it to work on a Mac is to backload the entire operating system. The drivers and support software for that drive do not exist on El Capitan.

I truly wish that I had better information for you, but unfortunately there is simply no real, supported way to do this. The closest way to get what you want is to use a USB version of the ZIP drive, but you are still in maybe/maybe not territory due to the age of the drive.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood or if there is anything else that I can do for you.