Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Network Engineer
Experience:  21 years experience in PC and Network Design and Support

I have an older Iomega Zip 100 disk drive. The disk use to

Customer Question

I have an older Iomega Zip***** The disk use to open on earlier version of MAC OS 10 but it does not show up on my desktop now. I have upgraded to El Capitan v10.11.3.
Please help - What do I need to do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 7 months ago.

The Iomega ZIP drive is not supported on 10.11.3. It really has been far far past end of life for several years.

The only way that I know of to get it to work on a Mac is to backload the entire operating system. The drivers and support software for that drive do not exist on El Capitan.

I truly wish that I had better information for you, but unfortunately there is simply no real, supported way to do this. The closest way to get what you want is to use a USB version of the ZIP drive, but you are still in maybe/maybe not territory due to the age of the drive.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood or if there is anything else that I can do for you.