Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

A hacker has control of Safari. When I open Safari a large

Customer Question

A hacker has control of Safari. When I open Safari a large blue window tells me I've have a virus - Call 855-***-****. I force quit. Turn off WiFi. Turn it back on and open Safari and it shows up again and again.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Barun replied 8 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First, please force-quit Safari one more time, and then HOLD down the Shift key and click on Safari to re-open it. This should fix it.

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the stars at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

To make sure you have no Malware go here and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, open it and select Scan:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mac-download/

Or I can do it for you by remote.