Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I am not receiving email on my iPad mini. I can send and if

Customer Question

I am not receiving email on my iPad mini. I can send and if I send to myself I do receive it, but if I send myself emails from my laptop I don't receive it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am receiving mail on my laptop but not on the iPad mini. I sent myself mail from my laptop and did not receive it on my iPad but when I sent mail from my iPad I did receive it on my iPad.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have shut down my iPad and restarted it but there was no change
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program is running on the Laptop? eg: Outlook 2010? Apple Mail?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My email seems to be working now. Why I don't know but after 2 hours of trying everything it started giving me my mail.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It is possible it was a problem with the mail server, this is normally the issue if it just starts working, as I am sure you still had internet right?

I will though mark this question to never close, so if you ever have the problem again, just let me know here, this is no issue.