Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My Outlook isnt syncing to my iPhone. I have 2 email

Customer Question

My Outlook isnt syncing to my iPhone.
I have 2 email accounts attached to my iPhone...not sure if that is part of it?
But I need my Outlook calendar synced to my iPhone so my meetings appear on both.
I tried some recommendations online and they didnt work - any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To clarify Katy, is this an outlook calendar on your computer? Or on Outlook.com?

and what steps have you already tried?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Outlook on my computer!

I just went to the settings on my iPhone and made sure Calendar was turned on - it was.

Remember - I have 2 email accounts on my iPhone but I just one the one that I have attached to Outlook on my Mac to sync with the calendar on my phone

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, you need to then synch outlook to the iPhone over iTunes, so in iTunes, make sure you have selected the calendars you want synched.

Then let itunes synch

Have you done this Katy?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No I hadnt tried this...but does this mean that I need to sync it to iTunes every time I want it to sync...I want it to just automatically and instantly sync e.g. when I add a new event to my calendar in Outlook on my Mac it will appear on my iPhone?

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

You do as it is only on your computer, else you need to use an online service sych as www.gmail.com or www.outlook.com and use the calendar there instead, then add the account on your iPhone.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hey Richard

My Outlook is attached to a gmail account?

Is there anyway Outlook as a tool on my Mac will automatically sync with my iPhone without having to wait to sync my iPhone to iTunes?

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

yes, for emails, it does not synch the calendar, it cannot.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

I also see you never rated my service Katy, was there a specific reason for that? What I am telling you is correct, and if you add your Gmail accoutn directly on the iPhone and use the calendar at www.gmail.com it will work.