Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  if you looking for good answers about mac or any product of apple (ipad, iphones, ect..) contact me
76221641

My iMac has developed a problem. There are little dashed

Customer Question

My iMac has developed a problem. There are little dashed lines all over the screen. The computer seems to be working OK but in some areas of the screen it is impossible to read the text. It is a late 2012 model.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, do you have a laptop or a desktop please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This an iMac desktop.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Please follow the steps below and check :

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Unplug the computer's power cord.
3. Wait 60 seconds.
4. Attach the computer's power cord.
5. Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
8. Release the keys.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

has everything worked out?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

then it is a hardware issue, it could be a malfunctioning control board on the LCD screen or a faulty cable from the control board which is located on the backside of the LCD monitor that runs through the hinges and connects to the main board. the LCD screen will need to be replace by a local repair shop, a LCD screen will cost you between $100-$130. If it's the cable, it will cost about $15. My suggestion would be to take it to a local repair shop and have them evaluate the problem.

This is the honest answer i can give, if you have a moment kindly rate my service by clicking on one o the stars below, positive rating are appreciated

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

If you have a moment please kindly rate my service by clicking one one of the stars below, positive rating are appreciated, if you need further assistance please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Note : only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satified

regards,