Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

I am trying to change the "reachable" phone number on my

Customer Question

HI Pearl, I am trying to change the "reachable" phone number on my iPad. My wife and I both have iPhones, mine is a 5s, hers is a 6. I recently upgraded iOS to 9.3 on both phones and my iPad. She has an iPad but is not upgraded yet. When her iPhone rings, it rings on my iPad. I have gone into settings on my iPad and removed her phone. Then signed out and back in, but her phone is still listed as the reachable number. My security number and billing number are correct, just not the reachable number. Help!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not unless we discover them along the way. The iPad is an older iPad 2, 64 FB model.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

Where is the phone number listed on the ipad exactly? Under settings and then where?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Account. Reachable at
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

Are you logged into the web? similar to this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204265

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

on ipad go to settings --> icloud --> sign out/ back in here

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Done
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

test it now, it may take a few minutes to update on ipad

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Signed out and back in to Apple support. Reachable number is ***** my wife's iphone
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

where else is this Apple ID signed into?

sign out of it on all devices as it's probably syncing from some other device

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It is syncing from my wife's iPhone. When I try to remove her phone from the account, it wants me to turn in the SIM card
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I read dead it to the account
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Re-added it to the account. Hate autocorrect
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

so the same apple ID is logged into wife's iphone and the ipad?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
my iPhone, too
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

Can we create a separate ID for the ipad?

Otherwise log out of the account on the 2 iphones and stay logged out to see if the ipad will update the settings.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I will try that. Thanks for your help, but this is taking too long and I have other things that I have to do. Have a nice day
Expert:  Cody replied 12 months ago.

ok yw

Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.