Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

What computer will run apple works? I upgraded my system to

Customer Question

What computer will run apple works?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I upgraded my system to El Capatin. I miss having appleworks
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I prefer appleworks. I now have many files I can't open.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Apple discontinued this in 2007 ans it does not run nativity within El Capitan. You can get it to work but it will need to be in a virtualized version of Snow Lepoard, so you will need the Snow Leopard Disk to install this in a virtual computer on the Mac and run Apple Works within there.

Or you could convert the documents to a format applications currently can now read and interact with.

If you wish to convert the files, do you have Microsoft Word install on the computer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have spread sheet files and date base files on my Mac and I can't open them. What will open them?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, Excel should open the Spreadsheet, can you attach one here and I can check for you.