Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

I just updated my phone and now it asks to use my apple ID

Customer Question

I just updated my phone and now it asks for me to use my apple ID and password, the problem is it is stored on my phone and I am now unable to get into get into the phone since I need the codes to activate my phone. This is my phone no one else has owned do I get into the phone or get my information needed to activate after doing this recent upgrade?
***** *****
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. I am sorry to hear that your codes are saved in the iPhone, which is locked. In this case, you must reset the password ***** your Apple ID and use the new password.

Please, follow the instructions below:
- Click the following link:
- If you remember your Apple ID, enter it on the site and click Next. If you do not, click the "Forgot your Apple ID" link.
- Fill out all of the requested information on the resulting screens and continue.

Once all of the information is sent out, you will be given your Apple ID and be given the option to reset your password.

If all else fails, you can call them at: (800) MY-APPLE(###) ###-####

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

After updating, you may have an issue signing into your iCloud account. Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem.

1. Tap Skip This Step and complete the steps in the Setup Assistant.
  2. Tap Settings > iCloud.
  3. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account.
  4. Enter your previous Apple ID and password ***** confirm that you want to sign out.
  5. After you sign out, you can sign in to iCloud with your current Apple ID.

If you do need to reset your password, you can do so by following the instructions at the following page: