Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My ipad updated this morn. will not let me back in says I

Customer Question

My ipad updated this morn. will not let me back in says I need Apple ID and password ***** for icloud don't think we have one never used icloud and the reg password ***** ID isn't working?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can not get the security questions to work
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, are you able to use the option to send the reset to your email account instead?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,