Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

Why is the formatting lost when syncing to iPad Notes from

Customer Question

Why is the formatting lost when syncing to iPad Notes from Outlook Notes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

If you are talking about the "notes" section of a contact, that field does not hold any formatting. So any formatting done on a device that is then synced, will be lost.

there is no workaround for this.

If you want to stick with Outlook, I suggest you look at Office 365 Exchange. Otherwise, moving to Apple Mail, Contacts and Calendar with iCloud might be a better option for you.

Apple has deprecated Sync Services.

• You can no longer sync with an iPhone or iPad via iTunes. You can only sync with an iPhone or iPad via a cloud-based service like iCloud or Google.
  • You can no longer sync local calendars with OS X Calendar (formerly iCal). You can, however, continue to sync calendars hosted on a cloud-based service like iCloud or Google with OS X Calendar.
  • You can no longer sync with any third-party apps running on your Mac that use Sync Services, like Entourage or Outlook.
Do you still have questions? I see you on my list of customers waiting for me but I do not see a reply from you. Let me know if you still need help. Otherwise I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service.