Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I did something to my ipad and it is asking me to

Customer Question

I did something to my ipad and it is asking me to reactivate. I don't remember my Apple ID or Password. Can you help me. I have tried everything.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will try and help you to the best of my ability.

Do you have an iPhone? If so we can find your Apple ID at least.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
samsung s7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I know the ID. libertykm1
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Well you create an Apple ID with a active email account. Do you have one email address you normally use for all your registration purposes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it won't let me verify my email address because I only have on email acct]
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

The Apple ID is an entire email address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok then I have it but not password.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Use the link I have provided to reset the password ***** the account. You can have a email sent to your email address which will allow you to reset the password.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password

Please let me know the outcome. I will wait for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says to get code in email
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Great, open up your email and you should have an email from Apple.

If should have a link that you will need to click on and in order to reset the password.

Let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

How did you make out?

Were you able to reset the password? Please let me know.

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

If you still have issues follow these steps

You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Next.
-Select Email authentication followed by Next.
Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.
enter your Apple ID and click Next.
-Select Answer security questions and click Next.
-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Next.
- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.
If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Find your Apple ID". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

If you can't pull up your Apple ID using the info above BUT you currently have purchased music in iTunes on your computer then you may be able to see the ID; To view this information, simply select any purchased song in iTunes and press Command-I or choose "Get Info" from the File menu. Then in the Summary tab of the window that appears (this should be the default tab), you should see the name / Apple ID listed.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:
https://appleid.apple.com/ (Click "Manage Your Apple ID")

If you can’t successfully reset your password ***** still can not log in, you will need special assistance. In this case, you will have to make use of the Express Lane customer service feature to request investigation of the inaccessible account:

https://expresslane.apple.com/

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form to enter the details of your specific situation. If you need a suggestion for which support path to follow, try:
iTunes > iTunes Store > Account Management > Managing or editing an Apple ID > Email

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Have you follow the steps?

Any luck?

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

The email you would have received, would have had a link which sends you to the page to in order to reset your password.

Did you receive that email?