Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Macbook pro and I just updated my iPhoto to the

Customer Question

I have a Macbook pro and I just updated my iPhoto to the most recent version and now it is telling me "The iPhoto Library is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have permission to make changes to it. iPhoto can try to repair the permissions." Help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No i don't think so
JA: Our top Mac Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mac Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mac Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need this fixed ASAP
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
would that require you taking over my computer?

Yes, you can watch me troubleshooting. Thank you.

We have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you; this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I can provide written instructions.

Please let me now your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No i do not want to remote support

No problem; it will take longer as I would write the steps, then you try it, but we can work it out.

- Can you quit iPhoto application, then press and hold at the same time the two keys Command and Option on the keyboard while opening iPhoto application, then let me know what you see.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
nothing it still tells me it is locked

Sorry, it is strange. Make sure you did quit iPhoto first. While holding the Command and option keys, and opening iPhoto, it should show:

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-23480939-314948/iPMfirstaid.png

How about quitting iPhoto, then keep holding key Option while opening iPhoto, do you see anything new?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you still require assistance with this?

Please let me know.