GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I updated my iPhone 5 and at the end of the update it ask

Customer Question

I updated my iPhone 5 and at the end of the update it ask for activation password ***** I used when I activated this phone but I done remember it. I tried to reset password ***** I did and it still does not open. what am I doing wrong? Please help me open my phone. I can get calls but I can't make any.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you try to reset it?

Does it show an email address? If yes, do you recognize that email address? Do you currently have access to that email address on another device?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I reset it thru appleid.apple.com and my apple password ***** changed except for my iPhone5. When I put it in it said itsd wrong and then disabled it and tells my to reset my password *****

Is it showing part of an email address on the iPhone's screen? If yes, do you recognize that email address?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it is not. I cannot afford it right now.

Can you please tell me everything it is showing on the iPhone's screen right now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There was no email. I do not want secure remote assistance, sorry. Is there any other way?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its not my computor, its my iphone5 Im having trouble with.

I would connect to your computer, so I can help resetting your apple id password ***** your computer, then you can enter it on the iphone.

Can you please tell me everything it is showing on the iPhone's screen right now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ACTIVATE iPhone This iPhone is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the apple ID and password ***** were used to set up this iPhone. Thats all it says.

Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit. Then does it show part of an email address like in the image at the website below:

http://unlockicloud.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/server_export_key.png

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it said HELLO then the next screen says: Update Completed: your iPhone was updated successfuly. There are just a few more steps to follow, and then you're done! Then when I press continue it goes to activation screen.

Please see the image below:

, then let me know if it shows part of an email address on your iphone or not. Thank you.

Please only reply at the box below on this page. Thank you.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** is not able to continue helping at this time. I'd be happy to pick up where Viet left off. Do you still have access to the email that begins with e at gmail.com? Please let me know. If so I can have your password ***** and sent to you at that email address.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I hav e offered the Premium Service of a phone call at the lowest price that we are allowed to charge ($5). I am confident that this will be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your issue. This is completely optional and I will continue to work with you here if you would prefer. Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Annette, these detailed instructions should help you torest your password ***** retreive your Apple ID if needed.If this doesn't resolve your issue, please let me know as I there other methods that we can try. Thank yoU!

Reset Apple Password – if you know your apple id
Let’s begin going to http://www.iforgot.apple.com
When the webpage opens enter the email address that you use to login to your ipad with.
Click next.
Now, choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security
questions" whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.
Please let me know if this does not work for you.
Reset Apple Password – if you don’t know your apple id
1. Let’s begin going to http://www.iforgot.apple.com
2. When the webpage opens enter the email address that you use to login to your ipad
with. If you know your id, after entering it, proceed to STEP 3. If you do not know your
id click on "FORGOT APPLE ID" then click next and enter your first name, last name, and
email address. Your user id will be emailed to that address.
3. Now, choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security

If these instructions been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!