Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I was creating my Apple ID and I have missed off a letter,

Customer Question

I was creating my Apple ID and I have missed off a letter, how can I correct it ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My email address is***@******.*** and I've put***@******.*** which is missing the final t
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: No that's all I've done !
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 8 months ago.

Can you tell me, what is your current Apple ID ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK, so you want to change this email address with the correct one, right ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please

Follow these steps to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID. Let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

1. Sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  3. In the Account section, click Edit. Under your Apple ID, click Change Email Address.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
  5. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?
  6. Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you might not be able to change your Apple ID. You also won't see Change Email Address on your account page.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't log in as the verification email was sent to this address and it's not me, so I can't log in to access My Account
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 8 months ago.

Hello there! We will need to do the following to fix this issue sent you do not have access and it is not you who created the account.

If you can’t successfully reset your password ***** still can not log in, you will need special assistance. In this case, you will have to make use of the Express Lane customer service feature to request investigation of the inaccessible account:

https://expresslane.apple.com/

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form to enter the details of your specific situation. If you need a suggestion for which support path to follow, try:
iTunes > iTunes Store > Account Management > Managing or editing an Apple ID > Email