GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I updated my iPad and I'm trying to get back on I forgot my

Customer Question

I updated my iPad and I'm trying to get back on I forgot my ID and password ***** can I do?i'm the original owner but I've change my password ***** couple times
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi Stepehen. My name is***** give just a moment to provide detailed instructions for retrieving your user anme and your password.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Reset Apple Password – if you don’t know your apple id

1. Let’s begin going to http://www.iforgot.apple.com

2. When the webpage opens enter the email address that you use to login to your ipad with. If you know your id, after entering it, proceed to STEP 3. If you do not know your id click on "FORGOT APPLE ID" then click next and enter your first name, last name, and email address. Your user id will be emailed to that address.

3. Now, choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions" whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I downloaded 9.3 it went through then it asked me for my ID and 9 password ***** forgot both of them how can I get my iPad back on and get 9.3 off every since I loaded nine my iPad is been very very slow I have never heard a response from you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Good morning I replied at 5:41, just minutes after you posted your question, with very detailed instructions for helping you to retrieve your Apple id and reset your password. I'm sorry that you didn't see it. I will post it again. Let's tackle one issue at a time. Let's get you back into your ipad, and then we will take a look at some things that could be causing the slowness.

I believe that phone call may be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your issue. I can walk you through the process and retrieve your id and password ***** you, if you'd like, but I will need to ask some questions, like your email address and security answers, etc.. It is against policy to post personal information here, but we can talk on the phone and ask and answer questions securely. A phone call is a Premium Service. I have sent an offer for this. It is completely optional and f you don't want to do that we can continue working together here.

here are the instructions that I posted for you previously regarding retreiving your Apple id and resetting your Apple password.

Me

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the biggest scam I've ever seen what you wrote to me I could get off the regular Internet I need my ID and password ***** my iPad I'm talking to you on my iPhone right now what you told me is no help whatsoever I'm going to take this to the next level..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need the ID and password ***** my iPad not my phone I've already paid for your help and there has been nothing given to me for my payment Doney thing I'm getting to talk to an expert which is going to cost me $20 more you guys are a fraud
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I don't understand why you feel this is a scam. We guarantee our service and if you are not satisfied you can request a full refund.Y ou asked a question and I provided the correct answer. If you have questions and need clarification about any of the steps all you have to do is ask.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Then if you answered my question why am I not on my iPad now why can it be used because it's locked I need the ID for my iPad and the password ***** have given me nothing at all I could've gotten that off the Internet I know where to go for it but I thought it would be easier to use you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like for refund on what I paid unless you can give me on my iPad with the ID and password ***** it
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a different id for your ipad than for your phone? If so that is most unusual. Most people have one Apple account which they use for all of their apple devices. The procedure to reset the userid and password ***** ***** same for your device, whether it is an iphone or ipad. If you follow the instructions provided, you should be able to find both the userid and reset the password ***** any apple device.

I'd be happy to do it for you, but policy prevents us from exchanging personal information such as email addresses, full names, passwords, etc. here in the chat box, as it it would be visible to all users of the site and put your privavcy at risk. That is why I offered you a phone call. If the price is an issue for you I will offer it at the lowest price that we are allowed to do so ($5). If you'd still like a refund, I will submit your request to customer service.

We are paid per question and we are paid for satisfied customers only, so if you are determined to be unhappy and difficult it is to my advantage to end this conversation. Please advise.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I apologize. I tried to click on the lowest price but accidentally clicked on something else so I sent it again @ $5.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's always more money I was talking to you on my iPhone why is it you didn't know my iPad is not the same my iPad is shut down I'm talking to you on my iPhone and I'm very unhappy about this whole situation
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I told you from the beginning that my iPad was walking down my phone is old or my iPad is buddy you're in a newer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry about that message I told you from the beginning my iPad was not working it's locked the iPad is newer than the phone my wife set up my phone I don't know what she put on it she passed away ..
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Premium Services are completely optional and you are never under any obligation to accept them. I simply think that it would be easier to have a phone call and we are not allowed to offer phone calls at no charge. I do understand that it is the ipad that is not working. By following these instructions you can retrieve the user and Password ***** an iphone or an apple.

Retrieve your Apple ID if you don’t know it

Please note: Usually your apple id is your password. However you can check to be sure by following these steps.

Go to http://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

When the webpage opens enter your first name, last name, and email address. Click continue.

Your Apple id should be displayed on the next page.

Reset Apple Password

Go to http://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password

1. Enter your Apple ID. Click continue

2. Choose whether to get an email or to answer security questions.

3. Click next and follow the instructions on the screen.

Please let me know how that goes for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't enter an Apple ID because I forgot both the ID and password.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I understand. You should be able to retrieve your Apple ID. Let's do that first.

Click here

Please advise.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the biggest scam I've seen you told me I was going to get my money back I'm going to wait-and-see if not I will follow up on this