Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

The new software download requires my Apple Id password

Customer Question

The new software download requires my Apple Id password ***** is stored in my phone and I no longer have access to the password ***** How do I reset my ?Apple Id password ***** being able to enter the phone to retrieve the password.
My email address is***@******.***.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your account.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cannot understand why I should have to pay for a service to regain my Apple Id when the new software should have had a warning that the Id would be required with the new software where it has not been in the past. I maintain my passwords on my phone in a secure application, but the new software did not allow me to gain access to the secure application.
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry, this is JustAnswer a paid support site. You have to pay for support you get it in here. You only have to pay for support only if you are satisfied.

The Apple Id password ***** reset it to activate your device. The password ***** access your secure application is different. If you tell me the name of the application, I will send you a way to reset it as well.

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

The password ***** activate your iPhone and the password ***** the secure application that store your passwords are different.

To activate your iPhone, you need the Apple ID/iCloud password ***** you can reset using the instructions I sent you.

You can continue to use the old/same password ***** used to open the secure application.

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?