Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

I have forgotten my password to activate my ipad. it seems

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** activate my ipad. it seems to think I have an iphone but I don't and have never had one.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

you will always have had one, they force you to make one when you setup the account.

Can you via your computer, reset the password ***** please!&section=password

Once done, then use this new password ***** your iPad

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Richard, I really don't know if you helped or if I stumbled upon the answer myself.
I think this service might be very useful and I intend to use it in the future should the need arise.
Meanwhile, I am quite certain that I was told that this first 15 minute service was complimentary. I needed less than 5 minutes to find my information. If you helped, I certainly thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, well the procedure I gave is the only way to do this, so you would have had to do it no matter how you came to it.

Glad the problem is solved and if would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you