GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I am getting this error overtime I tried to download a file.

Customer Question

I am getting this error overtime I tried to download a file. Safari can’t open the file “ComputerRequirements-9.exe” because no available application can open it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Alison, Do you know what it could be?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Maria, I believe the problem is that your are trying to open a windows application on your MAC computer. If you will let me know what you are trying to download, I can check to see if there might be a version of the program that is designed for the MAC operating system.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the link I am trying to download : https://www.gotestnow.com/participant/Webforms/Diagnostics/DownloadFile.aspx
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying to work from home and the company is trying to verify the computer and internet I have. Do you think you can find the version for the Mac or is not applicable in this case?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry but I can't seem to locate a file for MAC. The file that you are trying to download is a windows file that will tell them whether your computer meets their requirements or not. The only way to be sure is to ask the company but it is very unlikely that a MAC will meet their needs.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I know that this is not the answer that you were hoping for, but it an accurate answer. If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your help. Have a good night.
Maria
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

You're welcome. You have good night too!