Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I forgot my password. What do I do?

Customer Question

I forgot my password. What do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 8 months ago.

What password, you have forgotten ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
to my iphone 5
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok online conversation
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I forgot the password ***** my iPhone 5 what can I do?
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 8 months ago.

Follow these steps if you've forgotten your passcode, or if a message says that your device is disabled.

If you enter the wrong passcode in to an iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled.

Pick a way to erase your device

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. Choose a way to erase:

Erase your device with iTunes

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect your device to the computer you synced with.
  2. Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode.
  3. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup. If it doesn't, learn what to do.
  4. Once the sync and backup have finished,click Restore [your device].
  5. When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
  6. Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.

Erase your device with iCloud

If you set up Find My iPhone on your iOS device or Mac, you can use iCloud to erase and restore it.

1. From another device, go to icloud.com/find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Now you can either restore from a backup or set up as new.

If your device isn't connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network, you can't erase it with Find My iPhone.

Erase your device with recovery mode

If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Its a long shot....and its my official Answer.

Have you tried to ues Hypnotherapy to try and induce a memory of the time in which the password ***** viewable, or when it was created?

.

Its a great tool being used for many many different memory retrieval issues.