Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Microsoft Word won't open on my MacBook Pro. It stopped

Customer Question

My Microsoft Word won't open on my MacBook Pro.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It stopped working last week or so, but before that was working normally. The message I'm receiving when trying to open it is: "The file name or path contains invalid characters (for example, /).
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: Our top Mac Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mac Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mac Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've sent the message that I'm getting.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I am terribly sorry. I apparently typed in the wrong box. I would be happy to help you but it will be at least half an hour, possibly an hour little while before I am free. I believe that the best thing to do would be to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office. Do you have the product key andre-install media. If not can you tell me what version it is so I can determine whether or not I can get it for you?

I can also offer to "opt out" so that another expert can take the case and perhaps help you immediately. Please let me know what you would prefer?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I haven't heard back from you. Do you still need help? If so, I can perform fix the problem for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.