Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

The iphone6 I have has been shutting off every now and then,

Customer Question

The iphone6 I have has been shutting off every now and then, not connecting to internet at home (Wi-Fi) and running out of battery very fast. The problem started when I did a software update (IOS 9.2). A friend told me to reset it to the original factory settings. Will this solve the issue or it might be that the cell phone has another issue? To reset it I will have to back-up everything but this friend told me to only back-up certain things (pictures, notes) and re-install all the apps. What should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cody replied 7 months ago.

I would back up everything to itunes or the cloud and then restore it to factor default.

Then use it for a few hours to see how it reacts, if it works fine then restore from the backup.

This way you can determine if it's a hardware issue and if it's an issue with some app that you have installed.

Expert:  Cody replied 7 months ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 7 months ago.

Hello there! You can follow the steps below to fix your iPhone.

1. Plug your iphone into your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Turn off the iphone.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
  6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't been able to do any of the instructions you mentioned yet. I will try it on Friday and will let you know

Sounds good :)