GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Ipone 5s completely dead. i plugged the phone in. shows its

Customer Question

ipone 5s completely dead . i plugged the phone in. shows its charging but wont charge. and i know last night it charged. and i also think the iphone charging port is worn out. but still is able to charge if i hold it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: iphone 5s. i used it till it died. i do have to hold the charging cable in a spot so that it will charge. i now have it plugged in. battery display is showed. but still not on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: thats it
JA: Our top Mac Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mac Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mac Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. I'd be happy to help you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

It sounds as though you need to purchase a new charging cord. It is likely that the charging block itself is okbut the cord that connects the phone to the charger definitely needs to be replaced if you are having to hold it in place to get it to work. Over tiem, they can become crimped or kinked internally and stop working. If there is not an apple store near you, You can get a third party cable that will work at any Target, or Walmart, or best buy. These days even local service stations have these cords available. Once you have a new cord, I recommend that you allow it to charge for quite some time before you try to use the phone (at least 30 minutes to an hour) as the battery was completely discharged.

I am confident that this will solve your problem. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please allow me to continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!