Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

System jus crashed gave me number to call keeps hanging up.

Customer Question

system jus crashed gave me number to call keeps hanging up.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is this your situation. You got message on Safari saying your system has crashed and call this number to fix. Am I correct ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

If you got this message on Safari, then that is a SCAM and your Safari is affected with that malware. Don't call on that number you see on the message. Follow the steps below to fix it

Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.

Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.

(If you see Reset Safari instead, click it and Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset)

That will remove it.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above or if you are unable to remove it, please reply in here and I will continue to help you. Please let me know how it goes.