Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My mac says there is no start up disk, and when i try to

Customer Question

my mac says there is no start up disk, and when i try to turn it on it comes up with a white screen with a symbol almost like a no entry symbol
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when ever i turn the mac on it comes up with a ewhite screen. i tried to go into the terminal but it went to the white screen again witht the symbol. I tried to repair all the disks (*****and macintosh HD) and they say there is nothing wrong with them i tried to also re-install OS X but it comes up with a message saying " An error occued whiel preparing the installation. Try running this application again.
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't\ have any time machine back ups.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

What model Mac is it?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help?