Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

My MacBook Pro is locked wth pin code how can I get it

Customer Question

My MacBook Pro is locked wth pin code how can I get it unlocked?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you today.The message you are seeing generally results because of a request to lock the device made via iCloud. However, it is sometimes possible to bypass this using a generic PIN of "123456" -- this will reboot the machine into Disk Utility, at which point you can erase the hard drive and reinstall OS X. (Just so there is no ambiguity, that last step -- if successful -- requires you to completely erase your hard drive and start fresh.)If the above is unsuccessful, you will require Apple's direct intervention due to this feature being considered a theft deterrent. Apple will need you to provide a proof of purchase before assisting you (just FYI).I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's not even giving me the option of putting in s pin code anymore. I don't have proof of purchase but I know whoninbrought it off ?
What are you currently seeing when the MacBook boots up? Please describe as best you can and I'll see if I can offer any additional guidance.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Says to wait 60 mins but nothing ever happens
Thanks for the updated information. Let's try an "internet recovery":
1. Power off your Mac
2. Power on and hold Command-Alt-R buttons
3. Mac boot with EFI PIN lock (padlock icon with bar)
4. Enter your 4-digit iCloud PIN or your Apple ID password ***** press Enter
5. Internet Recovery process can take about 10-15 min then Mac will boot normally.Please let me know whether that resolves the issue!

If you are pleased with the quality of service I’ve given you, would you take just a moment to rate me? By doing so, you’ll help other customers by letting them know about your experience working with me, and your positive feedback allows me to be paid for the work I’ve performed. I greatly appreciate it, and hope you will reach back out to me if I can be of any further assistance to you!

How do I rate an answer?
You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates me for my time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that I will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for my answer.

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 7 months ago.

Hello there! This will clear out your Firmware lock just follow the info posted.

The password ***** are referring to is known as a firmware password. Below are the steps to fix this issue. This is the only way to do it and it is very precies so make sure to read the intructions carefully. Also once this works make sure to rate my reply 3 stars or better thanks :)

get one extra stick of ddr3 ram for your imac

take out the ones that are in there

put in the new one

( now here is the tricky part)

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys

then turn on your mac

make sure to hold these keys till your mac reset 4 TIMES

if you do not do one of these steps correctly the password ***** get written to the new ram and we will have to start all over again.