Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I just returned from vacation on Argentina and accidentally

Customer Question

I just returned from vacation on Argentina and accidentally deleted photos from my SIM card /Nikon camera. I want to know if apple support can help me retrieve these photos to my iPad or iMac ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Are the photos saved anywhere else besides the location from where you deleted them? I ask because I am not understanding your reference to the iPad.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The photos were taken with a Nikon camera and the SIM card is the only place they would be on before I deleted them. I would like to transfer them to my iPad , but at present there is nothing to transfer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the proper apparatus to transfer the photos if they can be restored to the SIM card.....should I go and get that before we proceed?

Okay, I understand. Yes, you will need the SD card to USB adapter before we begin. As a side note, do not do anything to the SIM/SD card from now on until I am able to take a look at it.

I see that you are using an iMac. Do you have a PC that you can use? If so, may I start a secure remote assistance session with you on the pc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do anything without the SD card to USB transmitter, so it would be pointless to continue right now. Can we continue with this in a couple of hours after I have had a chance to go out and get the necessary apparatus?

Yes, we can continue then. Please, leave this page up and post a message here when you are ready to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I only have a desktop IMac and an IPad.

Okay, that is okay. When you have the adapter, please post a message here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll be back.

Thank you.