Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.

How do I change my primary ID?

Customer Question

How do I change my primary ID for apple?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi Nancy! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you today.

To change the email address used for your primary Apple ID:

1. Sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  3. In the Account section, click Edit. Under your Apple ID, click Change Email Address.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
  5. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?
  6. Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.

I hope that helps! If you run into problems or need any further assistance, please let me know.

I hope I've been able to help you today! If you are pleased with my service, would you please take just a moment to rate me? By doing so, you help other customers by indicating to them the quality of service they should expect when working with me, and your positive feedback allows me to be paid for the work I perform.

I greatly appreciate it, and hope you will reach back out to me if I can be of any further assistance to you!