michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I am a computer professional with more that 7 years of experience with all major brands which includes apple as well.
26798893

I receive the following message when I open the internet, it

Customer Question

I receive the following message when I open the internet, it has been displaying for some time:
"This computer will soon stop receiving Google Chrome updates because Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 will no longer be supported".
What should I do about this message?
Category: Mac
Expert:  michelleclive replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with google error. What is the browser you are using to browse the internet, Safari or Chrome?

Google is dropping support for versions prior to 10.8 because Apple is dropping support for those versions.

The browser will keep working, but users of unsupported operating systems won't get updates
Google said it was turning off the updates because the makers of all five OSs had stopped providing official support for them.

Best option is to remove Chrome and use Safari and Firefox.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.