Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

With upgrade to OS X 10.11.3 computer cannot "see" Harmon

Customer Question

With upgrade to OS X 10.11.3 computer cannot "see" Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks (USB). Third time it's happened with upgrades. First time I have not been able to fix it (by unplugging usb and power in different sequences..)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Mac Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mac Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mac Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you today.

Harmon Kardon no longer officially supports these speakers on Mac, so support on newer versions of OS X is very hit-or-miss. You mentioned that, in the past, you've been able to get OS X to detect the speakers by unplugging them/plugging them back in. That being so, here's a question: have you tried additionally disconnecting the speakers from power, then plugging power back in, and *then* plugging them back into the computer? In some instances, performing the tasks in exactly that order allows the speakers to be properly re-detected by OS X.

Please let me know whether that works (or if it was something you already tried) and we'll look into this further, if needed.

I hope I've been able to help you! If you are pleased with my service, would you please take just a moment to rate me? By doing so, you help other customers by indicating to them the quality of service they should expect when working with me, and your positive feedback allows me to be paid for the work I perform.
I greatly appreciate it, and hope you will reach back out to me if I can be of any further assistance to you!