Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I'm so unhappy with Roboform. I have forgotten my master

Customer Question

I'm so unhappy with Roboform. I have forgotten my master password ***** none of the solutions work because I didn't buy the license. Just using the free version. My Mac is totally locked.
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Macbook Air, two years old. i got dupped into downloading the free version of Robo. Somewhere along the way it asked for a master password. Now I have forgotten it and my Mac is locked. SCREAM!!!
JA: Huh?
Customer: The suggestions to delete it won't work because I didn't buy the full program.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: Just get this software completely off of my Mac.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  CompDoc replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry about your issue. Have you tried this?

http://www.roboform.com/tutorial-reset-master-password

Expert:  CompDoc replied 8 months ago.

How can I uninstall RoboForm for Mac completely?

Open Applications folder in Finder, hold Command key and double click on RoboForm icon.
Agree that you want to uninstall RoboForm. RoboForm will be completely uninstalled from your Mac including RoboForm Profile folder (Finder - Documents - Logins).

Expert:  CompDoc replied 8 months ago.

I forgot the Master Password. What to do?

Unfortunately it is not possible to reset the Master Password ***** get the access to the data that is protected by the password ***** do not know. The only option in this situation is to delete RoboForm Profile. Please navigate to Finder - Documents and delete Logins folder (it is the RoboForm User Data folder, i.e. RoboForm Profile). You may re-name the folder if there are non-protected RoboForm User Data files that you will copy to the new RoboForm Profile back later. Create an empty Logins folder then. Launch RoboForm from Finder - Applications and RoboForm will offer to choose RoboForm operation mode (Everywhere or Desktop) and create Master Password.

How can I change Master Password ***** RoboForm for Mac?

Please launch RoboForm from Finder - Applications and then click RoboForm item in the Application menu - Change Master Password… The window that requires your Old and New Master Password ***** appear, it also has the file reprotection options. Make sure that you tick the options you need. By default the option to change and reprotect the RoboForm User Data protected by the current Master Password ***** *****

How to prevent RoboForm from asking for the Master Password ***** time I start my RoboForm?

RoboForm for Mac can cache your Master Password ***** stop asking for it each time you access the protected RoboForm User Data if you check the "Do not ask for Master password" setting in RoboForm - Preferences

Expert:  CompDoc replied 8 months ago.

I hope this help you in or to remove Roboform.

Expert:  CompDoc replied 8 months ago.

Uninstall Instructions

Looking to uninstall RoboForm? We’re sorry to see you go! Please follow the steps below for uninstall:

If you want to remove RoboForm completely from your computer:

• Go to: ***** ***** >> Windows (C:)>> Program Files >> Siber Systems>> Uninstall
  • Follow the instructions and click OK

If you want to remove RoboForm from your browser:

Firefox: Click “Add-ons” in your toolbar menu, then click “Disable” next to RoboForm

Chrome: From the Chrome menu, select “More Tools”, then “Extensions”, then click the trash can icon next to RoboForm

Internet Explorer: Click the IE Menu, then “Manage Add-ons”. Highlight Roboform, then click “Disable”

To export your RoboForm logins:

• Select the RoboForm icon in your browser>> Logins>> Print List
  • Enter your Master Password, if prompted
  • Your logins will now appear in a list form. You can now select to print or save them.
Expert:  CompDoc replied 8 months ago.

I am currently unable to help with the remote assistance at this time. Would like me to bow out?

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

I can help you with the remote session. Just be aware that resetting your master password ***** delete all existing passwords in Roboform.

I can do that for you, but I wanted you to be aware of that first.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8a10f263-e603-4112-bfa7-63af6e32830a

Please contact customer service to continue.