Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

When I plug in my ipod classic to chrge it says "charging,

Customer Question

when I plug in my ipod classic to chrge it says "charging, please wait" for hours.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I plug in my ipod classic to chrge it says "charging, please wait" for hours.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try:

1. Slide the Hold switch to the locked position and then slide it to unlocked again.
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (or Select) buttons together until you see the Apple logo (about six to eight seconds). You might need to repeat this step.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

And / or try:

1. Slide the Hold switch to the locked position and then back again.
  2. Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple/iPod logo (about six to eight seconds). You might need to repeat this step.

More details:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204307

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.