tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

On my iPad, the screen goes almost dark intermittently (only

Customer Question

On my iPad, the screen goes almost dark intermittently (only vague background shows thru).Often if I shut it off, it will return where it left off clearly
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

• You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue.
  • If it is a hardware issue then the only option will be to get it repaired at an Apple store or smartphone repair center. If the iPad is less than 12 months old you can get this done under the Apple warranty.
  • The only option to rule out the firmware in the iPad will be a factory restore.
  • The process for restoring an iPad begins by wiping the iPad, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box.
  • But before you take this step, you must make sure your iPad has been backed up to the iCloud.
  • You can verify your iCloud backup by going into the iPad settings and choosing iCloud from the menu.
  • In the iCloud settings, choose Storage and Backup. This will take you to a screen that will display the last time the iPad was backed up to iCloud.
  • Once you verify the backup, you are ready to begin the process. You will start by erasing all data and settings from the iPad, which puts it into a clean state,
  • Go to General from the Settings icon. . Scroll all the way down in the General settings until you see "Reset".
  • From this menu, choose "Erase All Content and Settings".
  • Once this complete, go through the initial set up and then choose to restore from a backup, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose from your last backup.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!