Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My iMac is suddenly constantly freezing up with the little

Customer Question

Hi. My iMac is suddenly constantly freezing up with the little spinning beach ball. I've run the disc utility and did a safe reboot, but those did nothing to solve the problem. I don't currently have antivirus software, and I'm wondering if it could have a bug.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Not now.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cody replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You responded by telling me to press F8 upon startup. I am using an iMac, as indicated in my question. There is no F8. I paid $25 for this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh, sorry. I see it now in very small print. Duh.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry you originally posted this question in Computer category instead of Mac category. The other expert is a PC Expert.

First of all I must warn you. The sudden slowdown and spinning indicates usually happens if there is any issue with the hard drive, either it is failing or the system file are corrupted. So I want you to get an external hard drive and backup all your important files ASAP. It is not safe to do any troubleshooting without having a backup. Once you did that, post a reply in here and we can start troubleshooting