My name is***** am a computer professional with a master's degree in computer engineering and over six years of experience in IT tech support. I may be able to help. Let me know.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Did you update Skype in the process?
During that three-year period that you were using Skype, did you get notifications about newer versions being available and that you should install them?
Ok. Who or what sent the email that said you needed to log into your Skype account? Also, did you reinstall the app altogether after trying the temporary passwords?
In the future, when you're not sure whether an email is from a legitimate source, do not reply to it or do what it asks. Hackers use a social engineering technique known as phishing to in order to steal people's information that way. I'm gonna walk you through reinstalling Skype for the iPad. First of all, write down your skype username and password ***** you can remember them.
Your iPad is connected to the internet, right? Either through WiFi or a network?
1) To install Skype, locate the app called the App Store and touch it.
2) Once it's opened, type in "Skype" in the App Store search bar.
3) Once you see the Skype app, tap on the word "Get" next to the app. The app should start downloading.
4) Once it's finished downloading and installing, tap on it to open it.
5) Now enter your username and password. The ones that you wrote down.
6) When you're done, try sending requests to other people.
Awesome! I'm glad that it worked. I would have loved to have that beer with you. Most of the time, these types of issues can be fixed by reinstalling the app.
If you don't mind, can you please rate the service so I can close the question? Thank you!
Awesome! Thank a lot!