Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My imovie crashed and my project just disappeared, so I did

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My imovie crashed and my project just disappeared, so I did the whole thing and now my and I project still doesn't appear.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Version :10.11.2
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

What version of iMovie?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

OK to start I suggest you check your hard drive then update to Mac OS 10.11.3 and also update iMovie to 10.1.1:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then on the right select the First Aid tab then select Run. If all is ok restart then go to App Store and update the system and iMovie, then let me know