John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

The phone I am working with was set up by my granddaughter

Customer Question

the phone I am working with was set up by my granddaughter right after she was in an accident (head injuries) Anyway she cannot remember her Apple ID. Is there any way we can retrieve that. The phone is under my plan
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 8 months ago.

The Apple ID should be in the form of an email address.

If you go to the site http://iforgot.apple.com/ you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the ID, if you don't know the password ***** you can return to the site and reset it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The ID that worked on my computer is not the one that will unlock the phone

If I understand correctly, you determined which ID was hers on the computer. Did you have to reset the password?

Test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have confirmed it is working, restart the iPhone and try try using it again.