Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm running Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 on a Mac OS X G5 PC. Since I

Customer Question

Hi, I'm running Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 on a Mac OS X G5 PC. Since I updated to LE 8.0.1 I cannot open Pro Tools at all. The Digi Core Audio has gone and I have no idea which Digi Core Audio to download to fix this problem. Can you please help. Cheers, ***** *****
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been trying to finish my Album. One month and still no go?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Make sure your interface is connected DIRECTLY to an open port on your computer (no usb hubs, monitor ports, keyboard ports, splitters, trees or docking stations)
Make sure your interface is turned ON
If 1 & 2 didn’t fix it, try unplugging the usb cable from the computer & move it over to a new port. This should reload the drivers for your interface & refresh the connection with the computer. Note: If you’re using a firewire interface, Shutdown the computer & turn off the 002 / 003 before unplugging the firewire cables!
Run Digi Driver – Go into “My Computer” then your “C:” drive, then “Program Files” (if it tells you the files are hidden, click to show the files). Go into the “Digidesign” folder, then into the “Drivers” folder – here is the full path My Computer > C: > Program Files > Digidesign > Drivers. Now look for the Digidriver logo & double click on it. Choose “install“. If any boxes pop up, just choose “Continue Anyway“
If Pro Tools still can’t find your interface, then we will have to manually point the computer in the right direction.Checking For Drivers in the “Device Manager”Click the “Start” button, then right-click on “My Computer” and choose “Properties“
Click the “Hardware” Tab at the top of the window, then click the button for “Device Manager“
Click the “+” next to “Sound Video & Game Controllers” to show the contents of that category.
For the Mbox 2, you should see “Digidesign Mbox 2 Audio Driver” & “Digidesign Mbox 2 Midi Driver” – If either of them have a yellow “!” or “?” next to them, then follow THESE steps.
If you don’t see the Mbox 2 Audio Driver, look for something called “Usb Audio Device” & follow THESE steps.
If you see neither the Mbox 2 Audio nor Mbox 2 Midi driver, look for them under the “Unknown Devices” or “Unused Devices” category. Once you’ve found them, follow THESE steps and note the directions in green.
If you can’t find the drivers anywhere, double check to make sure the M-box or 002/003 is plugged in directly to the back of the computer & not through any hub or computer monitor / keyboard.
Manually Installing Digidesign DriversIn the device manager, right-click on driver with the “!” or “?” on it (or the “USB Audio Device”) and choose “update driver“
If it asks to connect to the Windows Update to search for software, choose: “No, not at this time” and click “Next“
On the next window, choose the bottom option, “Install from a list or specific location [Advanced]” & click “Next“
In the next window, choose the bottom option again, “Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install” & click “Next“
It will now show you a list of drivers – Choose the appropriate driver for your device & click “Next“
(Examples of drivers: Digidesign Mbox 2 Audio Driver, Digidesign Mbox 2 Midi Driver, Digidesign Mbox 2 Firmware Updater, Digidesign 003, Digidesign 002.) Note: It will likely tell you “This driver is not digitally signed!“, but just click “Next” anyways.NOTE:If you see a list of categories instead of a list of drivers, scroll down to “Sound Video & Game Controllers” & double click on it. Now you should see a list of compatible drivers.Windows Logo Testing
Click “Continue Anyway“Click “Finish“Repeat steps 1-7 if you have other drivers that need updating with the “!” or “?” on them.
About these ads
This entry was posted on Friday, August 7th, 2009 at 5:31 pm and is filed under 003 Factory, 003 Rack, 003 Rack+, Mbox 2, Mbox 2 Mini, Mbox 2 Pro, Troubleshooting / Support. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.Post navigation« Previous PostNext Post »
422 Responses to Unable to Locate Digidesign Hardware!!!!
How To: ***** ***** says:
August 24, 2009 at 11:05 pm
Feel free to post your questions or comments below!Reply
Jason says:
October 5, 2010 at 7:04 am
I just bought a new M-audio Profire 610, i installed Pro Tools LE 8 and i get the “unable to locate digidesign hardware”. But i do have it turned on, the drivers installed, the device manager shows the device, and i tried uninstalling and reinstalling pro tools.I don’t know what else to do – someone PLEASE help me, i have spent A LOT of money on this new computer, software, and m-audio device!!I’m running Win XP Pro SP3Reply
How To: ***** ***** says:
October 5, 2010 at 10:48 am
hi – the 610 is an m-audio interface & will only work with Pro Tools M-powered.
You need to uninstall PT LE & install PT M-Piwered.erik says:
October 6, 2010 at 12:47 pm
I just bought a new M-audio Profire 610, i installed Pro Tools M-Powered 8 and i get the “unable to locate digidesign hardware”. But i do have it turned on, the drivers installed, the device manager shows the device,Reply
How To: ***** ***** says:
October 6, 2010 at 1:11 pm
Uninstall the drivers, go to http://www.m-audio.com & grab the latest drivers, then install those w/ out the 610 plugged in.Once the latest drivers are installed, plug in the 610 & see how it goes.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This was one of the answers... However for Windows
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Hi Iain, my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to help answer your question.

Before I start researching the problem I'll need a few important details.

Which version of Mac OS X is on your iMac? Can you click the Apple menu - About This Mac - and give me all the details of your system from there. What version of OS X, what processor and how much RAM.

Which Pro Tools hardware are you using if any? Can I have the make and model number and the connection it goes into on your Mac.

What are the steps you take before the error appears, and what is the exact error message that appears?

Thanks in advance,

David.