Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a Mac OSX version 10.6.4 and inserted a CD to read

Customer Question

I have a Mac OSX version 10.6.4 and inserted a CD to read and successfully tested the eject button on my keypad. Now, I cannot eject the CD and I still don't know how to read it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are several ways to eject the disc which is not being recognized by OS X.

Restart your mac and immediately hold down the LEFT mouse button before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down until the disk comes out. It would like take only up to 20 seconds to eject the disc.

Or restart the computer holding down the Option key. When the startup disk selection screen appears, let go of the option key and press the keyboard's eject button till the disk ejects.

Or restart your mac and immediately hold down the "eject" key on your keyboard for 20 seconds or until the disc comes out.

These methods will eject the disc unless the disc is jammed in there. Let me know if you are unable to eject it, so we can try a different method to eject it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hello Stuart, Please reply in here. Are you able eject the discs ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi Stuart, just checking. How is it going ? Were you able to eject it ?

Please type your reply below and click Send