Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

I need advice on picking a laptop. last few years ive been

Customer Question

hello. i need advice on picking a laptop. last few years ive been selling on ebay and ive always had a windows laptop. but with every one i have used i keep getting frustrated with viruses and with only a few months of having the laptop it would start slowing down considerably wherei would get rid of it and purchase another one . all i use my laptop is for my ebay selling and surfing the net. ive heard the mac laptops are very resistant to virus and it runs smoothly for a long time. my question is would a macbook benefit me moreto have a macbook than a windows? and would a used macbook be ok to buy?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

My recommendation would be to purchase a Macbook. They are more reliable, dependable and have usually longer life span then a Windows PC. Mac's are not 100% prone to viruses but they are rarely unlikely to get one like Windows. They need less maintenance and up keep unlike Windows to continue to run smooth. I have a Macbook for about 4 years now and it runs just like the first day I got very fast and smooth.

Also yes, buying a use Mac is worth even though Mac's have come down in price. They are still little more pricey then a Windows computer, eBay is also a good place to purchase new or used Macbooks.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Selecting a positive rating is appreciated.

Expert:  Cris replied 9 months ago.

Did you have any further questions for me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you. I was looking at the MacBook and MacBook Pro from year model years 2010-2012. If I only use it for web surfing and sell items on eBay what system do you recommend
Expert:  Cris replied 9 months ago.

I would recommend around a 2012 model which still will receive some of the latest updates.

Expert:  Cris replied 9 months ago.

If you have a link to a laptop you are looking at and want to forward to me. I would be gladly take a look at it and give you my recommendation.

Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, did you need anymore assistance with your question.

Selecting a positive rating for my assistance is appreciated.