Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a message on my Safari search screen that my Mac has

Customer Question

I have a message on my Safari search screen that my Mac has been hacked and that I should phone a number to get it fixed. The message claims to be from Microsoft. I only use iOS. How do I get rid of it? Should I phone the number?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a SCAM message. No, don't phone that number. They will ask you to pay hundreds of dollars for nothing.

Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.

Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.

(If you see Reset Safari instead, click it and Reset Safari)

That will remove it.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above or if you are unable to remove it, please reply in here and I will continue to help you. Please let me know how it goes. Looking forward to your reply.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, How is it going ?