Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I did a system clean on my mac air. At the time the

Customer Question

hi, i did a system clean on my mac air. At the time the 'cleaner' said i should delete dictionaries which I did. Now I don't have spell checker or dictionaries. I just want the english one back to it corrects my spelling etc. Any idea how I install dictionaries again or what app I install to fix this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when im typing and i mis spel a word it does not give me the correct spelling
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OS X YOSEMITE
10.10.5 (14F1605)MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014)
processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Those "cleaner" apps are worthless at best.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If all is ok quit Disk Utility and Reinstall Mac OS x.