Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I have apple i pad, last nite i was in a bad web site, when

Customer Question

i have apple i pad, last nite i was in a bad web site, when notice came on my screen saying i was watching bad things. they locked my screen up, and wanted me to go and get a green dot prepaid card and insert to open screen. they wanted one for 500.00 and said would open screen. is this legal ?? how can i open scree.?
jim
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

It looks like someone is trying to scam you. You should be able to simply do a cold reset on it, which will remove that window. In order to remove that, please do the following: Press both the Home key and the Power button on the iPad at the same time and continue keeping them both pressed down until the screen flashes black. Once it flashes, let go of both keys at the same time. (FYI: The Home key is the key on the front of the iPad).

Once that is complete, you should be all set.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

If you wish, I can fix this remotely. I would need for you to plug the iPad into a computer with a usb cord. If you would like for me to do that, you will need to click the Accept this Offer button.