Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Trying to set up wifi. airport will not connect to internet,

Customer Question

trying to set up wifi. airport will not connect to internet, though it does connect to computer. all status buttons show green except server and internet.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Can you try skipping the airport and connecting directly to your modem to make sure internet is working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
internet works fine on ethernet, when I switch to airport wifi it connects to computer fine. but internet does not connect
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the late reply. Has this airport ever worked? And are you using cable or DSL?