Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I need my computer brought up to OSX version 10.6.8 Will you

Customer Question

I need my computer brought up to OSX version 10.6.8 Will you so this ???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Which version of OSX do you have right now?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
believe it or not it's 10.6.8
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
now get my address to work I need it to let me input
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i tried to make a change in address book and it only went back to the original entry and did not add the additional name
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

I am not sure what you mean -- Your question states that you want to upgrade to 10.6.8 but you stated you have 10.6.8 so what is your issue exactly?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I either want my address book to let me edit and insert or suggest another address book that I can purchase to replace the one I have that will work for me. I have spent almost $300.00 for these services which have not been of benefit to me so whatever it takes to make it work. As a last resort how much is a new computer?
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

A new desktop computer can be purchased around $300-400 and a laptop is around the same. A new Mac computer is a lot more around $900+

What happens when you try to edit the address book? Are you given an specific error message?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Josh, I started playing with the computer and then called your number but you weren't available so Shadea came on the line and explained that I needed to advance to El Capiton and we did but we still have't cleared up the problem with address book as it still won't let me edit to change or insert. Hope there is an answer for it or I'll have to download another contact program and have the old one for a back up. She hasn't gotten back to me as yet and I don't have her number so maybe you might know how to contact her. The original call was I had a spam message telling me that I have a serious technical problem that needed to be fixed and I should call the following number. Of course, this scared me so I called you and you weren't there. Can you find her from your phone message and let me know what can be done. I assumed she would call me back as soon as the computer was cleaned out.
The contact program is the only thing I need now. Thanks to all of you at Apple for all the time you're taking with me
Nancy Frances Corboy
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Hi Nancy,

What phone number did you call?