Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I performed a Time Machine backup on my MacBook Pro on my

Customer Question

I performed a Time Machine backup on my MacBook Pro on my new Seagate external drive. I then connected that new drive to my new Dell computer and cannot find the device anywhere on my computer. Any idea how I can find it to see if it downloaded correctly. My MacBook is about to die and I don't want to loose my photos and everything else on it. Is it possible to save data on the hard drive from a Mac and have it still work for a Dell PC?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason