Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I've tried to batch print off my emails in date order but i

Customer Question

I've tried to batch print off my emails in date order but i can't do it without massive duplication due to the threads attached to each email. Is there a way to do this cleanly? I have a mac Mail and a Pc with outlook 2013.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 12 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Please, elaborate on how you wish this to work. Some email threads will be linked to other emails. Do you want to somehow capture every email thread and print them out all at once?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I want to print every email but the threads are making so many duplicates. Ideadly i need a robot to read the email and extract the first part of a thread. Or something that detect duplicate text an delete it.

I don't know of any such application that would do what you are requesting.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Expert:  GeekGal replied 12 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I am uploading a pdf file that describes in detail how to turn off conversation view in Outlook. If you do this, this may eliminate a lot of the the threads and duplication.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 12 months ago.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thanks but it's not the solution. I need to crop out the top email of each thread to avoid the number of duplicates I get in a batch print.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry that didn't help you. I will "opt out" now in the hopes that another expert may be able to help. Don't worry. you won't have to repeat the question. When another expert picks it up you will be notified and they will be able to see the entire conversation. Have a great afternoon!

Expert:  Dustin replied 12 months ago.

Hi, my name is Dustin. I hate to kick a dead horse. But the conversation view suggestion should work.

Heres why, if you disable conversation view. Then you will no longer have one email with ten threads for replies and replies to those replies.

Instead, each email will be seperated into its own spot. Then, you can simply print the ones you want instead of printing the whole list of replies back and forth.

Can you clarify if you even tried the conversation view or applied my explanation above to your printing attempts?

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It helped a bit but not what I was after. I am now looking at scripts that will do the batch cropping.

Expert:  Dustin replied 12 months ago.

I think Instead of batch cropping, which is Doubtful youd find a script for that, but possible.

Maybe disabling conversation view and then trying one of the print addins such as this one.

https://www.mapilab.com/outlook/print_tools/